The Collingwood Arts Center (CAC) as long been rumored to be haunted and has been featured in the books "Ghost Hunting Ohio" and the "Haunted Ohio" series. Our Ghost Hunt the CAC events are serious, but informal attempts to document paranormal activity.
Ghost Hunting the CAC
- These events will run from 8:00pm – 1:00am.
- Check-in will be from 7:30pm – 8:00pm. At check-in you will be asked for your driver's license/state ID, be given a list of rules and regulations, and asked to sign a participant agreement. (Click here to see sample participant agreement)
- Doors will be locked at 8pm.
- From 8:00pm – 9:00pm, Chris Bores will give a guided tour of the facilities. You'll learn to navigate the CAC and where most of the rumored "activity" is.
- From 9:00pm - 1:00am will be unguided independent investigation.
- Your ghost hunt ends when you exit the premises. There will be no reentry.
- Tickets purchased at least one day before the event will be $35. We only sell a limited number of tickets per hunt. If available, the door price for tickets will be $45.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old.
Private Ghost Hunting Rental
Rent the CAC for your ghost hunting group.
- $350 for first 5 hours.
- $50 per hour after the first 5 hours.
- For more information, please call 419-244-2787.
Private Ghost Hunting Lessons – Coming Soon!
Public & Private Ghost Hunt Rules
- Smoking is not permitted inside the building. Please use the designated smoking area in the courtyard.
- Only small camera bags or purses are permitted. Leave any extra items in your vehicle.
- No two-way radio communications.
- No drugs or alcohol.
- No outside food or drinks.
- No Séances or Ouija Boards.
- Removal, damage or desecration of any CAC property will result in immediate expulsion from the premises.
- Do not open any windows in the building.
- You may exit the building at any time. Please be advised that once you leave, you are finished for the night.
- Be respectful of other hunters and keep noise levels to a minimum. Anyone found scaring other people on purpose will be escorted from the grounds immediately.
- During a ghost hunt, you are free to roam any area of the CAC except those blocked off by caution tape, ropes, or locks.
Ghost Hunt Suggestions
- Bring a stopwatch to time any phenomena.
- Bring tape recorder to record any unusual sounds.
- Bring a notebook to log all phenomena as well as what you feel and sense.
- Carry a compass. Some ghost records indicate shifting magnetic fields.
- Bring a thermometer. Use a standard thermometer to record temperature changes.
Ghost Hunt Essentials
- Wear sturdy walking shoes. The CAC has lots of stairs.
- Always travel in groups or pairs.
- Bring a flashlight.
- The CAC building is not air conditioned in the summer and is chilly in the winter. Please dress appropriately.